Click on a thumbnail to view the full-size image.
- 001 : improvised photo stage (how these shots were taken)
- 002 : twisty wrapped over aqua, with gaudy pink/lilac C-grade fw pearls
- 003 : dichro inside amber, extreme close up
- 004 : dichro inside amber, better focus
- 005 : clear with dispered dichro, peach fw B grade pearls, celtic beads
- 006 : gold aventurine filigrana wrapped over cobalt blue, the colour
has been lightened by the camera for some reason. it is true deep cobalt
- 007 : gold aventurine wrapped over periwinkle opaque
- 008 : black filigrana wrapped over gold aventurine, textural
spiral not melted in
- 009 : gold aventurine filigrana wrapped over white
- 010 : amber Mother of Pearl w/hemalyke beads: this is a lovely
glass with a soft pearlescent swirl in it and a warm honey/taffy colour
- 011 : same earrings backlit so you can see the translucency
- 012 : again I haven't got the exposure and white balance right yet;
this is really a dark red. good xmas earrings for Mom? there's a
little gold glitter in the clear, and they're cheaper because of
the slight size mismatch of the 2 beads.
- 013 : black dichro and striking red, overwrapped with gold aventurine
filigrana. this photo does not do this glass justice. it is a deep
rich red, not the scarlet I see on my monitor.
- 014 : second attempt at the same earrings; a little more accurate, but
still the real richness of the colours is missing.
- 015 : blue filigrana wrapped over gold aventurine
- 016 : also blue filigrana wrapped over gold aventurine, but these
are smaller and more delicate beads
- 017 : glitter leopard beads! blue and gold aventurine in clear; these
- 018 : blue and gold aventurine swirl; these are a lot darker than
the picture, a sort of blue-jean indigo with subtle sparkle. the two
beads are not as well matched as some others, so they're cheaper.
- 019 : these are the only earrings on this page with stainless steel
and silver(tone) findings. they are hard to describe; somewhere between
black and purple, with glittering black dichro inside. dark and sparkly,
suitable for sinister vampirical heroines :-)
- 020 : these are a particular favourite of mine, and in real life they
are about a shade darker than what you see here: aventurine blue, with
a very subtle sparkle and hemalyke accent beads.
- 021 : hard to photograph but nice to look at: lavender and aqua clear
glass in a subtle swirl, overlaid with gold aventurine spirals. they look
aqua from one angle, lavender from another; they seem to change.
- 022 : another attempt to capture the colour of these difficult pieces
- 023 : these are a moretti purple, a reddish dusty purple close to
maroon, with an overlaid gold aventurine spiral.
- 024 : another difficult pair: rose pink clear over black dichro,
darkly sparkling with a rainbow glitter.
- 025 : a second shot of the same pair as 024.
- 026 : these are a strong aqua (not blue, as they appear on screen)
over black dichro. the same dark, subtly glittering look, but with
an intense aqua shell.
- 027 : a second shot of the same pair. the aqua still looks too blue.
All the ear wires are gold filled except #19 which are stainless
steel. Used for accent beads: hemalyke, metal beads; freshwater
pearls in white, ivory white, and peach tones.
Page Name: index.html
Created on Sat Jul 22 22:20:22 2000