Dear SRD: Letters from Cortes Island
Cortes Islanders are starting to respond to this unprecedented situation with letters to SRD.
(Let me know if you would like your own individual letter to appear here)
- Letters from Cortes
- Newsham, Dennis Jan 14
- Harvey, Lovena Jan 17
- Knowles, Jon Jan 17
- Maddigan, Kate Jan 17
- Ellingsen, Sue Jan 18
- McKinnon, Bryan Jan 19
- Biela, Ashe Jan 20
- Ellingsen, Bruce Jan 20
- Hughes, David Jan 20
- Brussell, Diane Jan 20
- Glickman, Amanda Jan 21
- Wood, Sandra Jan 21
- Dzakovic, Anne Jan 22
- Glickman, Barry Jan 22
- Knutson, Becky Jan 22
- McGowan, Bernice Jan 22
- SCCA Jan 22
- Vine, Andy Jan 23
- Roman, Howie Jan 23
- Chapman, Rob Jan 23
- Robinson, Cecil Jan 24
- Gillespie, Manda Jan 25
- Kendel, Nancy and Ray Jan 25
- Bockner, Rick Jan 25
- Trzesicki, Jerzy Jan 27
- Smyth, Andrew and Andrews, Jason Jan 29
- London, Steve and Carol Feb 4
- Le Cheminant, Ian Feb 5
- Friedel, Bill Feb 7
- Clarke, De Feb 26
- Priya Huffman (not read into minutes?)
- Other SRD Correspondence and Documents
- RCMP Report Submitted to SRD regarding alleged voting fraud on Cortes Island
- REQUEST FOR DELEGATION: Christine and Cec Robinson filed Jan 24th for Feb 13 meeting (denied)
- REQUEST FOR DELEGATION: Southern Cortes Community Association filed Jan 28th for Feb 13 meeting (denied)
- John Sprungman/Tom Yates
correspondence between J Sprungman (SCCA) and T Yates (SRD)
- Memo from Tom Yates regarding workshop for SRD about communications and privacy
- Director Anderson Report to SRD Jan 17 (PDF)
addressing the issue of undocumented lobbying
- SRD Mission, Core Values, Vision (official web page)
- Foundational Principles for Regional Government
Document presented to Regional Directors by Ministry of Municipalities
- SRD Indemnification Bylaw
This is the bylaw that obliges SRD to support the legal costs of Directors involved in litigation (in their professional, not private, capacity)
How to Write to SRD
If you would like to communicate with SRD about these issues and questions, the address to write to is...
... and please note, your email should be clearly directed to "the Chair and Board of Directors" for it to be included in the public record.
The most effective form of communication with a body such as SRD, in terms of formal process, is to ask questions. I'm not going to tell anyone what they should say; express what you need to express. But if you would like to maximise the usefulness of your letter for future process, then requesting clarification or explanation of things that bother you is the most effective format. The John Sprungman and Ian/Jean Le Cheminant letters (above) are an excellent example of a courteous but specific letter of inquiry.
If you would like your letter to SRD to become part of this archive (the page you're now reading, that is),
send a copy to De Clarke at the address below.
This site may not be updated on a regular schedule, so please be patient if your letter does not appear immediately.
Cortes Island BC
The opinions expressed in this page are my own, and should not be imputed to any other persons unless they expressly endorse them in public. They do not reflect the views or position of any entity or person other than myself.