Internet and Science Humour Page
I'm planning to collect here those odds and ends of humour that
travel across the Net and across the Xerox machines of the world.
Only the ones that I think are funny, of course :-)
I'm sorry so few of these are properly attributed. Please write if
you claim the authorship or know the author of one or more!
- Old Standards Never Die
- This may be apocryphal, but it's pretty good.
- The Rules of Engineering
- All too true, every one of them.
- 101 Things Not To Do on Usenet
- maybe it's a little long, but it's good...
- How Many Mailing List Subscribers Does It Take . . .
- to change a light bulb? 1,331. This is why . . .
- How People Explain Car Accidents
- probably a pre-Internet classic
- Product Warnings for Physicists
- found on a door in our Physics Dept
- Microsoft Upgrade Announcement
- At last, Mr. Bill finds ground on which he can really compete with Linux!
- Children's Property Laws
- actually, another Microsoft giggle.
- The Never-Shown MicroSoft ST:TNG Episode
- well, who can resist another slam at Microsoft?
- Source Code for Microsoft Marketing
- and on a related note Microsoft Acquires Vatican
- hey, why stop there? USA becomes MS Subsidiary
- Navigating by Microsoft
- If Microsoft Made Cars. . .
- a recent MS slam from the print media
- Microsoft and the Light Bulb
- Inevitable, right?
- One Fine Day in Brussels
- Have you ever used MS tech support? You'll appreciate this one.
- If Operating Systems Were Airlines
- an old classic slightly updated
- Pentium Jokes
- One Explanation of Japanese Commercial Success
- (hmm, sounds too real to be funny)
- A Man Page for Our Times
- The Future of Public Broadcasting?
- The McDonnel-Douglas Customer Satisfaction Survey
- The Physics of Santa Claus
- thank you Joachim Verhagen and Linda Harden
- A Christmas Carol for Software Engineers
- and a Christmas Carol for Unix Users
- and a Christmas Carol for Contract Spec Writers
- Eight Basic Principles of Project Management
- The SIGGRAPH that never was
- First International Mad Science Conference
- Silly Stories about Public Malefactors
- Alleged Commercial Slogan misTranslations
- Exercises for Desk Jockeys
- Voice Response System Counseling
- Amusing .signature blocks
- found hither and yon
- Strangers on a Train
- A Crisis in the Educational System
- This one has been represented to me as a true newspaper article. . .
- A Bovine Guide to Ideologies
For more jokes:
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel: +1 408 459 2630
Fax: +1 408 454 9863